Exploration and Creation
Babysitting is probably my favorite way to work with kids. It’s the most personal and the most fun! My charges and I explore New York, make everything from stuffed animals to cars, write stories, play games, build forts, and learn new things.
As an expert of arts and crafts, I am well equipped to bring any child’s imaginings to fruition. With my charges I have made board games, items of furniture, toys, costumes, gifts, and much more. I encourage every child to fulfill their creative capacity while teaching skills like how to respond to mistakes constructively and think divergently.
While babysitting, I use Empathic Discipline and OSM language, which is what I teach in my parent coaching service. I maintain strict rules as outlined by the parents, but always with kindness and patience. I am careful to praise specific desirable behaviors and effort whenever appropriate.
Weekdays until Friday at 5pm – $20/hr (one child)
Friday at 5pm through Sunday – $25/hr (one child)
All times: for each additional child add $5/hr
NEW: $15 flat fee for art supplies and art instruction to make one project. (Add $15 for each additional child).
Some projects require time to go shopping for particular supplies. Projects and materials can be adjusted for different developmental levels.
- Necklace or other jewelry
- Handmade clothing
- Altered clothing
- Handmade Stuffed Animals
Experience & Education:
- 17 years babysitting.
- 14 years teaching.
- 10 years working at summer camps and after school programs.
- Two years assistant teaching at Hunter Elementary.
- Eight years attending Hunter Elementary (foundation for divergent thinking skills).
- Six years attending Hunter High School (foundation for writing skills).
- Studied Education at Barnard College (Columbia University), and SUNY New Paltz.
- Volunteered at Hogar de Vida, an orphanage in Alajuela, Costa Rica.
All photos of children appear with express permission from their parents and the children themselves. Some of those clients have shared testimonials of their experiences working with me on my references page.