Kids LOVE face painting, and I do face painting in a few ways. I can do traditional party faces, such as the ever-popular unicorn (seen above), cat, Spiderman, butterfly, etc. But I also use face paint and makeup as an opportunity to discuss important issues like Materialism and Feminism. I always make sure kids know that we play with our own appearances for fun, to delight ourselves and to be creative, not to please anyone else.
I offer face painting in a few contexts:
- Big Parties (more than 7 kids) – I bring regular paints and some metallic paints to do traditional face painting – Rate: $100/hr
- Small Parties (7 kids or fewer) – I bring the paints and high quality makeup for fun, out-of-the-box faces – Rate: $60/hr
- Babysitting – I bring all my supplies, we can do multiple faces, and the kids even get to paint my face! – Flat rate on top of babysitting fee: $30
Experience & Education:
- 16 years babysitting.
- 13 years teaching.
- 10 years working at summer camps and after school programs.
- Two years assistant teaching at Hunter Elementary.
- Eight years attending Hunter Elementary (foundation for divergent thinking skills).
- Six years attending Hunter High School (foundation for writing skills).
- Studied Education at Barnard College (Columbia University), and at SUNY New Paltz with a concentration in Math.
- Volunteered at Hogar de Vida, an orphanage in Alajuela, Costa Rica
- Link to my full CV